Friday 20 March 2015

Solar Eclipse

Today in the UK we saw, or didn't see depending on cloud coverage, an eclipse of the Sun with up to 90% of the Sun being blotted out by the Moon. I was lucky(ish) and was able to view the spectacle through the thin cloud covering from my desk at work. Somewhat inconsiderately someone called me a little before it peaked however I was able to stick them on speakerphone whilst I pulled my compact camera from the desk drawer to grab a coule of shots.

In a way the cloud both helped and added to the effect as it meant you were able to view the eclipse without eye protection and photograph it without the need on additional filters, a thing I dont keep in said desk drawer.

It's certainly not the best image from the day but it is still a pleasant reminder of this wonderful universe in which we all live.


The UK is not due to see another eclipse till 2026, which again will only be partial. The next total eclipse in expected in 2090. 

No comments:

Post a Comment